Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Growing up online

The old way of learning is right! Technology is good in the sense of overheads, and maybe projectors for students to present projects, but otherwise I don’t think it works or is right, if a teacher needs to show a movie ya a projector is cool and better, but not necessary. With the new smart board I think that students are falling behind, and it isn’t the students fault it is that teachers don’t know how to teach with smart boards, they go way to fast and the student falls behind, and they just copy they don’t have to think! With books its so very true most kids just go to spark notes, me I have never been there, but.. I don’t have internet either and I usually enjoy reading books. But with hamlet and Shakespeare I don’t understand the gibberish he is saying and if I’m not explained to in class heck ya I would go to spark notes, I want to pass don’t I? The education system has to realize that it’s out there and make it easier for students to read it in class with the class, best scenario if you get actors reading it recorded on a tape. DO NOT get kids in the class to read it. (this only with Shakespeare) if he doesn’t read it no big deal spark notes does a pretty good job of it. He’ll pass.
With the way that students or teens are reacting (behavior wise) because of social networking, I find it stupid. The things people say about others over the internet is wrong, and they need to realize that just because they are not right in front of you when you say it doesn’t mean you won’t get it right back at you. And I’m not saying back over on line. I’m saying that even if you use a fake name, the police can track who wrote what. And you can and will be charged. Teens don’t realize these things and factors about social networking and need to know its not a way to bully its just away for you to express you creativity and personality.
To me the things I saw on that movie it’s no big deal...all you have to do is browse the internet to know that! Yes the internet is a teenager or young persons life! I agree it is sad. Although it is pushed onto us, just as much as we, teenagers, choose to use it. Almost every assignment or anything given out, you must you the internet, even math! “just go onto my website to get the graph paper and print it out for your homework tonight” say’s math teacher. On that note, adults are freaking about our use of internet, well it’s your fault! And what else are we suppose to do, it is how society is changing. Also it scares you since we have learned about technology that you don’t know how to use. But if you are still inclined to have your parents or grandparents around ( talking to adults here) how often do you shake you head at them or thinking about there lack of knowledge in “that” area because it just wasn’t there time.. well... think about what you are saying.. The internet use, is our time, it teaches us to multi task, to be creative, to learn in different environments, to type. Yes we get involved in things you as an adult may not imagine, and it allows us to do things you have no idea how to access. but that’s the horror of it, it’s how we express ourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment